Friday 20 November 2015

Hexcity sales

I released hexcity on iOS and Android about a month ago and here's my findings:

iOS:
58 sales, most of these on the first 3 days. A huge pain to get builds up, took about a week to check the build. There was a small thread on toucharcade about the game.

Android:
68 sales, most days between 0-5 sales. Relatively painless to get builds up, though Google wanted to display my home address on the store page so I put a fake address in. I'll see if I still get my money soon. There was a small discussion on reddit/r/androidgaming about the game. During the first 3 weeks, Hexcity was in the top 60 or so top new games on the play store. I don't know how they rank the games but I was very surprised it was there!

Hexcity was supposed to just be a game to test out the android/ios stores that I'd badger a few of my friends to buy but it ended up selling 126 copies! I think less than 10 of those are people I know, I thought the mobile market was mega-saturated and I wouldn't get any sales at all.

I still need to check how IAP works and how best to use the "GameCenter"/"Play Games" apps for storing data across devices but this was a really helpful exercise leading up to releasing a bigger game.

Click to buy for iOS or Android

1 comment: